The folks from Hickman’s Eggs challenged a bunch of local chefs to create the best Game Day Deviled Egg. I had tacos on the brain when I made this recipe, and for some reason it makes me think of Texas. So, consider these my tribute to the Dallas Cowboys, though my allegiance is to the Cardinals. These are a little different than your typical deviled egg, adding a little bit of kick and spice. The bacon is technically optional, but I know most of you would say, “bacon is never optional!!!”
It’s important when doing deviled eggs to get the perfect hard-boil on your eggs. Simply Recipes has an easy how-to you can check out HERE.
*Original recipe at JoanieSimon.com (Joanie Simon Media)Print
Deviled Eggs with spicy western flavors.12 hard boiled eggs
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs pepperoncini juice
- 1 Tbs chopped pepperoncini
- 3 tsp taco seasoning
- 3 slices of bacon, fried and finely chopped
- julienne red bell pepper for garnish
- Slice hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and empty yolks into a bowl, placing the whites on a serving dish.
- Mix sour cream, salt and pepper, pepperoncini juice, pepperoncini, taco seasoning and bacon bits together in a bowl with the yolks until a smooth consistency. Use a hand blender if that helps make it smooth.
- Put the yolk mixture into a piping bag and pipe into the egg white halves (be sure to use a large tip so that the bacon and pepperoncini can come through).
- Garnish with julienne red bell pepper and a dash more of taco seasoning.