Crispy breaded chicken tenders that are cooked in the oven.
- 14 saltine crackers
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 cup corn meal, divided
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- 4 Tbs butter, melted
- 8 chicken tenders
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Drizzle melted butter all over a baking pan
- Place 1/4 cup of the divided corn meal into a shallow dish or plate
- Combine the crackers, rosemary, remaining cornmeal, salt, garlic salt, parmesan, and pepper into a bowl and smash with your hands so as to break up the crackers into small pieces. This will be our chicken breading.
- Take one chicken tender and roll it in the plain cornmeal to coat, then dunk it into the milk and then roll it in the cracker crumb mixture, pressing the crumbs into the chicken to make sure it’s well coated.
- Place the tender on the baking pan that has been coated with butter. I place it directly on a baking sheet, but if you want to protect your sheet, use parchment paper (tin foil will stick to the chicken).
- Repeat with remaining tenders until they’re all coated and on your baking sheet.
- Place in the 450F oven for 8 minutes, then flip the tenders and cook for another 8 minutes until the tenders are golden brown, sizzling and register at least 160F in the thickest part.
- Serve hot!