A quick and easy Instant Pot Beef with Broccoli recipe that is healthy with simple ingredients, naturally sweetened and plenty of fresh broccoli.
- 1.5 lb boneless top round steak, sliced into strips 1/3 inch in thickness
- 1 tbs fresh ginger root minced (or 1/2 tsp dried ground)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbs corn starch
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Combine the steak, ginger, garlic, honey, vinegar, soy, tomato paste and water into the insert of the Instant Pot and set to manual for 12 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, allow for natural release for 10 minutes, then switch the pressure valve to release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the lid and set the pot to the “saute” setting, then add in the corn starch and broccoli, stirring to combine with the beef and sauce. The corn starch is a thickener and will activate when the sauce is simmering.
- Continue to simmer on the “saute” mode for 5 to 10 minutes until the broccoli is cooked to your level of doneness and the sauce is thickened.
- Then serve.