An easy recipe for Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes with a rich cheese sauce and perfectly cooked potatoes.
- 7 – 8 small potatoes (2lbs), peeled and sliced 1/4 in thickness
- 1 cup vegetable broth (I make mine with Better Than Bouillon)
- 3 tbs heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz shredded sharp white cheddar (2 oz reserved for top)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Place sliced potatoes into the Instant Pot with 1 cup of vegetable broth and cook on the manual pressure cooker setting for 1 minute. (standard pressure cookers, 1 minute on HIGH).
- Instant release the pressure once the timer expires.
- Preheat the oven on BROIL
- Transfer the potatoes from the Instant Pot to a pie plate or other oven-safe dish leaving any cooking liquids in the Instant Pot. *There will not be a lot of liquid in there, but what does remain should be enough.
- Add the remaining ingredients (reserving 2 oz of cheese) to the Instant Pot and set to “Saute” and stir until smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes in the dish and toss to evenly distribute the cheese sauce.
- Top with reserved cheese.
- Broil in the oven for 4 – 6 minutes until the top of the potatoes are bubbly and browned.