An Instant Pot recipe for Sweet & Sour Chicken with Pineapple, Mandarin Orange and Peppers served with lettuce wraps.
- 2.5 lbs white meat chicken, diced into 1 in cubes
- 10.5 oz mandarin oranges packed in their own juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 Tbs miso paste *optional, but adds a great depth of flavor
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh or canned pineapple, drained and diced
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Combine the chicken, juice from the canned oranges (reserve the actual oranges), garlic, soy, tomato paste, miso paste, and rice wine vinegar into the insert of the Instant Pot and cover with the lid and seal.
- Cook 9 minutes on manual and once the time expires, allow for 15 minutes natural release.
- Once the pressure is released, remove the lid and change the pot setting to ‘saute’.
- Carefully (watch for steam), with potholders, remove the insert and drain off half of the cooking liquid that’s in the pot (again, watch as you pour, it’s HOT!!!). Then return the insert to the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot including the reserved orange segments and stir to combine. Once the sauce starts to simmer and starts to thicken from the cornstarch, it’s ready to serve.
- Garnish with scallions