Pizza night called and wants something from the freezer. I’ve definitely got my freezer section favorites, but if you’re needing some MYO in the pizza department, scroll down and I’ll share how you can make your own at home!
Start off with your pizza dough. I’ve got a recipe, or get one from the store. Then fire up the oven to 450f. Also, I love to sprinkle cornmeal onto the prevent the pan from sticking.
Then bake that, without toppings, for 5 minutes at 400F to firm up the dough and make it easier for wrapping. Use a stone if you’ve got one. I don’t, so I just use a baking sheet. Then, once the dough is slightly cooked, not browned, let it cool. Then, top it off with sauce, cheese, pepperonis, your favorites and wrap the whole pizza in plastic wrap to store in the freezer.
When you’re ready to cook your frozen pizza, just take it out of the freezer and put it on a baking sheet and bake at 550F for 10 – 15 minutes, until the crust is cooked and the cheese is bubbly. And that is how you make a homemade frozen pizza!
Make up a bunch of them and keep them frozen up to three months.
- 1 pound pizza dough
- ½ to 1 cup of sauce or spread
- 2 to 3 cups other toppings
- 16 oz shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450F, roll out your dough and par-bake the crust (without toppings) for 3 to 5 minutes until puffed up but not browned.
- Let the crust cool then top with your sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Double wrap the pizza in plastic wrap and freeze up to 3 months.
- When ready to cook it, preheat the oven to 550F (or as high as it goes), unwrap the pizza and place it on a stone or baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until browned and cheese is bubbly.