An updated soup version of a classic casserole with chicken, rice, and a creamy tomato sauce, topped with spicy cheese and cilantro.
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup rice
- 4.5 oz diced green chiles
- 14 oz petite diced tomatoes
- 15 oz mild salsa
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb diced grilled chicken breast
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cilantro and jack cheese for garnish
- Sautee onion in oil for 3 minutes to soften.
- Add rice, green chiles, tomatoes, salsa, rice, cumin, and chile powder to the onions and stir to combine.
- Add chicken stock and cover, simmering for 35 minutes until the rice is cooked through.
- Add in chicken breast, sour cream and salt to taste
- Serve hot topped with shredded cheese and cilantro.