*This recipe and post for Chocolate Chip Cookies is sponsored by Franklin Foods, makers of Greek Cream Cheese, however all opinions expressed are my own.
Chocolate Chip Inspiration
This recipe for Soft Batch Greek Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies is based on my Mom’s famous Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. It’s my Dad’s favorite. A little bit dense, loaded with chocolate chips, not too sweet. But, I wanted to make them softer because I’m a soft cookie fan. By adding a few special ingredients, these transform into light and chewy chocolate chip cookies.
What are the special ingredients? One is obvious from the pictures. It’s the Green Mountain Farms Greek Cream Cheese from Franklin Foods. Cream Cheese is a known add-in to cookie dough to give cookies more lift and softness. But, this cream cheese also packs a protein punch with four times the protein compared to regular cream cheese. Too, it’s half the fat!
In this recipe, the Greek Cream Cheese replaces half of the butter Mom’s original recipe called for. So, yeah, they’re health food! Kind of 🙂
I love using Greek Cream Cheese in all sorts of recipes. It can be substituted in most recipes for standard cream cheese. Plus, in these cookies, it gives them a little extra zippy flavor.
The other ingredient that helps make them soft is cornstarch which is used in all sorts of baked goods to give them that signature “soft batch” consistency.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup Green Mountain Farms Greek Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the butter, Greek Cream Cheese, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl and cream together until smooth (recommended to use a stand mixer or electric hand mixer).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt then add to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated, but don’t over-mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop golfball sized balls of dough and place them onto a cookie sheet, pressing them down with the palm of your hand slightly to flatten them a bit.
- Bake at 350F for 13 - 15 minutes until slightly browned and baked through. *The cream cheese makes them a bit lighter than standard cookies, so anticipate them being a bit more white than brown.
- Store in an airtight container or bag for up to 5 days.