Crazy Tots are the evil invention of my friend Kirti and though they’re the opposite of #bikinibod friendly, they totally remind me of summer. She is known to whip these up for her 4th of July party and they are impossible to resist. Crispy tater tots and bacon, melty cheddar cheese, fresh green scallions and a hefty drizzle of Ranch dressing. Oh help me!
I recently did some work with Hidden Valley Ranch and used their new Simply Ranch to recreate Kirti’s snack-able masterpiece. My kids are bacon obsessed (who isn’t?) and so when this tray of tots came out of the oven around lunch time on the first day of summer vacation, they declared summer to be THE BEST EVER!
This recipe falls in line with a lot of the popular “totchos” recipes, using tater tots as a canvas to build nachos. Certainly, you could create your own version of this, swapping in any variety of savory toppings. Green chiles? Blue Cheese? BBQ? Don’t get me started…
So, here’s to throwing caution to the wind, embracing the free-wheeling fun of summer and continuing to celebrate the beauty of potatoes in any form.Print
A baked creation of tater tots layered with bacon, cheddar, scallions and Ranch dressing.
- 16 oz frozen tater tots
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 strips bacon, fried and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Cook the tater tots on a baking sheet according to package directions.
- Once the tots are cooked, sprinkle cheddar and chopped bacon evenly over the top and bake for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is fully melted.
- Immediately remove from the oven and sprinkle on the scallions and drizzle the Ranch all over the top.
- Serve right away, straight out of the sheet pan, because this ain’t fancy, it’s just dang delicious!
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
*Hidden Valley Ranch sponsored the Instagram post that corresponds with this recipe, however I do enjoy and personally endorse their Simply Ranch product.