A one-pot Instant Pot Mexican Soup recipe with lots of chiles and pork loin roast.
- 4 lb pork loin Roast, cut into 6 pieces
- 3 – 7oz cans diced green chiles
- 3 poblanos, diced
- 1 red onion, diced (divided)
- 1 15oz can Rotel
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 2 Tbs Goya Adobo Seasoning
- 1 Tbs paprika
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp salt – more to taste
- Cilantro, lime and cotija cheese for garnish
- Cut the pork loin roast into 6 pieces and place in the Instant Pot along with 1 can of the diced green chiles (reserve the other two cans for after cooking), the diced poblanos, 1/2 of the diced onion, Rotel, chili powder, adobo seasoning, paprika, water and salt. Select ‘manual’ on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 50 minutes.
- Once the time expires, allow it to naturally release pressure (approx 20 minutes)
- Once the pressure is released, remove the lid and using the back of a spatula, start breaking up the pork pieces so that they become smaller shredded pieces. I personally like to keep some a little large, not completely smashing all of them.
- Add the remaining two cans of diced green chiles and stir.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, crumbled cotija and lime for garnish.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Mexican