Nothing like a crazy time in life to inspire great new recipes. This Instant Pot Lasagna Soup was born 100% out of the insanity of moving. Half the kitchen packed in boxes. Nothing but a mashup of random ingredients was in the pantry and fridge. It all left me wondering what to make for dinner. I saw the ground beef in the fridge and thought to go for spaghetti, but all I had were lasagna noodles. Inspiration hit and the Instant Pot still hadn’t been packed. That’s how we got this weeknight dinner winner!
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
And the timing on this one couldn’t be quicker.
Toss everything into the Instant Pot except for the noodles and cook on the manual setting for 5 minutes. This will cook the beef and infuse the flavors of the spices and vegetables into the sauce. After 5 minutes is up, do a quick release on the pressure and then add in your noodles. You’ll want to bust them up a bit, breaking them into quarters of a sheet or smaller. Then set the Instant Pot back to 2 minutes. Once it’s done, quick release and serve. I added a hefty few spoonfuls of freshly grated parmesan to the top, because lasagna isn’t lasagna without cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 3 fresh roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz lasagna noodles, uncooked, broken into smaller pieces
- Combine all ingredients except for the lasagna noodles in the Instant Pot and set to manual and cook for 5 minutes then quick release the pressure.
- Once the pressure is fully released, remove the lid and add in the noodles. Be sure to stir the noodles into the soup, then cover again and cook on manual for 2 minutes. (1 minute if you like your pasta a bit more al dente)
- Quick release again and serve topped with parmesan cheese.
- *as the soup sits, the pasta will start to absorb more liquid, so if re-serving as leftovers, just add a bit more water to make it a soup again.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins