This recipe for Mushroom Basil Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette is a family favorite with fresh ingredients and you’ll find yourself wanting to drizzle the dressing on everything. It’s perfect for entertaining guests or as a weeknight meal.
My Favorite Dressing of All Time
A bold statement, indeed! I do love the famous family Caesar Salad, but this one edges it out on account of some nostalgia. Having dinner at Mom’s house means that this salad will be served, guaranteed.
Make It Your Own
When my Mom makes this recipe she uses iceberg lettuce. I’m partial to butter lettuce. You can use whichever green tickles your fancy. Mom also uses walnuts and I like to use almonds. Feel free to go NUTS!
An easy salad with lettuce, mushrooms, almonds and scallions topped with homemade mustard basil vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs chopped dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sald
- 1 head butter lettuce torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 8 oz fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or walnuts
- Combine oils, vinegar, mustard and lemon juice in a mason jar, cover with the lid and shake to combine.
- Add in the dried basil and salt to taste and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Assemble the salad with the torn lettuce topped with fresh basil, sliced mushrooms, scallions and nuts (walnuts are the traditional, but I like almonds).
- Dress the salad right before serving and enjoy!
- This makes more dressing than you’ll need, and that’s on purpose. You’ll want to put this stuff on everything!
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salad, dressing, vinaigrette, mushrooms, basil