Poor carrots have been getting a bad wrap from all those after-though relish trays. But, if you pick some up next time you’re at the farmers’ market and get them super fresh, the flavor is all together different. This easy recipe for roasted carrots simply elevates their already fabulous natural flavor.
Want to watch me make them in a minute?
Oven Roasted Carrots
Like I mentioned, the fresher the carrots, the better this dish will be since it doesn’t involve many ingredients or special techniques.
Though I really do recommend par-boiling them as I do in this recipe. It ensures they’ll be fork tender after they’re roasted, but also still vibrant in color and just a little crispy on the outside. Carrots gotta CRUNCH!
These are so much fun for a dinner party, especially if you can find them in multiple colors like the yellow and orange I found. The more color, the more opportunity for dinner conversation.
Cheers to you and all of your holiday entertaining.Print
Roasted carrots simply done with fresh thyme, ground cardamom and bright oranges.
- 1 lb carrots, washed, peeled and tops removed
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp salt
- juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt (optional, not shown in video)
- Preheat oven to 500F
- Boil carrots in water for 2 minutes then remove and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Remove carrots from ice bath, and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients and drizzle over all of the carrots.
- Place the carrots in the oven and roast for 10 – 15 minutes, turning as needed for even cooking, and remove when fork tender and nicely caramelized.
- Serve with extra orange zest sprinkled on top and garnish with roasted orange slices and thyme.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American