This is an easy nachos recipe that’s a little out of the every day. It includes a creamy cheese sauce made from pepper jack cheese and my favorite green chili salsa. Throw some bacon and jalapenos in there for good measure, too.
Want to get a hold of the speciality ingredients featured in this recipe? That includes Mama Chelo’s tortilla chips, the Tamale Store Salsa Verde and RA Seasoning’s Cilantro Jalapeno Lime spice. They’re all a part of the Kitchen Kit from Bite Magazine. Head there and snag your Kit today!
Easy Nachos Recipe
Want to watch me make it step by step? Catch the video!
Of course, you don’t have to serve these with the cheese poured on top. You could put the cheese in a warmer and serve it like queso dip. Totally up to you on how it will best get delivered to your party table. The pico de gallo is also fantastic all on its own with chips or on top of other Mexican dishes like enchiladas and tacos.
A super cheesy and easy nachos recipe with a pepper jack and salsa verde cheese sauce, crispy bacon, jalapenos and pico de gallo.
- 1 /2 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro minced
- 1 tsp RA Cilantro Jalapeno Lime Seasoning
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup The Tamale House Medium Salsa Verde
- 3 strips of thick cut bacon, fried and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sliced and sautéed in leftover bacon fat
- tortilla chips
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, cilantro and RA seasoning in a bowl and toss to make your pico de gallo. Set aside.
- Combine the flour and butter in a saucepan over medium high heat and whisk until bubbly and foamy. Continue to cook, whisking frequently, for a minute.
- Whisk the milk into the flour and butter mixture and continue whisking until slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon, then turn off the heat.
- Add the cheese to the saucepan and stir until smooth, but be sure not to over heat the cheese or it will separate.
- Once all the cheese is melted, stir in the salsa. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. If the sauce becomes too thick, add milk one tablespoon at a time, whisking until incorporated.
- Pour the cheese sauce over your chips and sprinkle on the chopped bacon, pico de gallo and jalapeños.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican