Classic light and fluffy waffles loaded with crispy bacon and cheddar cheese.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c sugar
- ½ c sour cream
- ½ – ¾ cup milk
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1.5 cup cake flour (makes for a fluffier waffle than AP flour)
- 4 strips bacon, fried and chopped into bacon bits
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Whisk egg with sugar until fluffy. Add in sour cream and whisk briefly, then add in flour, baking powder and baking soda and whisk briefly slowly pouring in the milk until incorporated, but can be lumpy. Add up to ¾ cup of milk if the batter is too thick. It should be a thicker batter, not wattery our soupy, but should definitely be sticky and pourable. Fold in the bacon and the cheddar.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook to desired darkness. Once the steam dissipates, the waffles are cooked.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream , more bacon, cheddar, scallions, maple syrup and a fried egg.