A recipe for Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole that’s made in one pot and come together in under 30 minutes, made with fresh green beans.
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme (1 tsp fresh)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 32 oz fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 Tbs corn starch
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 oz diced low-moisture mozzarella
- 4 oz french fried onions – divided
- Put the Instant Pot on ‘saute’ mode and add in the butter and the onion and stir to cook the onions until fragrant.
- Stir in the mushrooms, thyme and salt and keep stirring until the mushrooms soften slightly.
- Add the stock and fresh green beans to the pot and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to manual for 1 minute, ensuring the top is sealed.
- While that cooks, combine the sour cream, salt, nutmeg, Worcestershire, and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the pressure.
- Once the pressure is completely released, sprinkle 1 Tbs corn starch over all of the mixture and stir so that it dissolves.
- Next, add the mozzarella, the sour cream mixture and 2 oz of the fried onions to the pot and stir to combine. The cheese will start to melt and get stringy.
- Transfer the combined mixture to a 2 quart serving casserole dish and top with remaining French fried onions.
- Serve and enjoy!