An easy rice pudding made in the pressure cooker with warm spices and dried cranberries.
- 1 cup aborrio rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup half and half
- Combine rice, milk, cranberries, water, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in the Instant Pot and set to “Porridge” (20 minutes on high if you’re using a standard electric pressure cooker).
- After the 20 minutes is up and the timer goes off, allow it to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes, then release the remaining steam and remove the lid.
- Remove the inner pot from the Instant Pot and then stir in the sweetened condensed milk and half and half and then transfer to an airtight container and allow to cool off for 20 minutes, then put into the refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold topped with cinnamon, more dried cranberries, chopped nuts and whipped cream.