A super cheesy and easy nachos recipe with a pepper jack and salsa verde cheese sauce, crispy bacon, jalapenos and pico de gallo.
- 1 /2 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro minced
- 1 tsp RA Cilantro Jalapeno Lime Seasoning
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup The Tamale House Medium Salsa Verde
- 3 strips of thick cut bacon, fried and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sliced and sautéed in leftover bacon fat
- tortilla chips
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, cilantro and RA seasoning in a bowl and toss to make your pico de gallo. Set aside.
- Combine the flour and butter in a saucepan over medium high heat and whisk until bubbly and foamy. Continue to cook, whisking frequently, for a minute.
- Whisk the milk into the flour and butter mixture and continue whisking until slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon, then turn off the heat.
- Add the cheese to the saucepan and stir until smooth, but be sure not to over heat the cheese or it will separate.
- Once all the cheese is melted, stir in the salsa. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. If the sauce becomes too thick, add milk one tablespoon at a time, whisking until incorporated.
- Pour the cheese sauce over your chips and sprinkle on the chopped bacon, pico de gallo and jalapeños.
- Serve immediately.