Pumpkin Chicken Paprikash
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 70 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Yield: 4 - 6 servings
- 6 – 8 chicken thighs
- 1 Tbs oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 Tbs Hungarian or smoked paprika
- 1 carrot diced
- 15 oz pure pumpkin puree
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe pan over medium high heat and sear the chicken thighs on both sides so they’re browned. They don’t have to be cooked through because they’ll finish in the oven.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic, onion, paprika and carrot to the pan that you cooked the chicken in and sautee until the veggies are softened.
- Add in the pumpkin, broth, salt and pepper to the veggies and stir to combine.
- Nestle the chicken thighs in the sauce and pour any juices that have accumulated into the sauce pot.
- Place the pot in the oven, uncovered, and bake for 35 – 40 minutes until the chicken is fork tender.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and put on a serving platter.
- Add the sour cream to the sauce in the pot and stir to combine.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with noodles, potatoes or dumplings.