- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 deep dish pie crust, defrosted, uncooked
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the eggs and sugars in a bowl and beat on high with an electric mixer until smooth and lightened in color. Add the softened butter and vanilla and continue to beat until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin to the batter and just stir until combined.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice and then add to the batter and stir until combined, but don’t overwork.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pie crust and bake on the lowest rack of the oven for 50 minutes at 350F or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.