An easy recipe for quick smoked salmon.
- 3.5 – 4lb salmon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sea or kosher salt
- 1 Tbs. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs smoked paprika
- Preheat your smoker to 225F
- Combine the sugar, salt, pepper and paprika and sprinkle all over the fish, completely coating it. Place the fish in the fridge uncovered and allow to “marinate” for at least an hour up to overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook it, rinse the rub off in water and pat the fish completely dry.
- Place the fish in the smoker and cook until it reaches an internal temp of 145F in the thickest part of the fish (takes approximately 20 – 30 minutes). If it doesn’t have skin, you’ll want to place it on a baking sheet inside the smoker just to make it easier to remove once it’s done cooking.
- Remove from the smoker and serve.
- *Any leftovers are wonderful served cold. They don’t reheat well as the fish will get dried out.