Sliced apple rounds make for a creative after school snack with nuts, fruit and granola.
- 2 large apples (your favorite variety)
- 3 Tbs sunflower seed butter (or nut butter)
- 3 Tbs agave nectar (or honey)
- 4 Tbs granola (I used 18 Rabbits Cherry Vanilla)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Slice apples into 1/6 inch slices through the middle so that they are rounds
- Combine sunflower seed butter and agave until it’s an easily spreadable consistency (add more or less agave depending on the consistency of your seed/nut butter)
- Put the sunflower butter spread into a ziplock bag and snip off one end to create a piping bag.
- Pipe sunflower butter onto the surface of an apple slice.
- Sprinkle with granola, dried cherries and chia.
- Repeat until all apple slices are used.
- Serve immediately (apples will brown if they sit out too long in slices) *spray the apples with lemon juice if you are taking these somewhere or need to make in advance.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American