Change up your standard potato skins with some spiced up Asian flavors.
- 8 Medium/Large Red Potatoes
- ½ Cucumber, thin sliced and quartered
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 1 Tbs softened butter
- 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbs Sun Dried Tomato Sriracha Ketchup
- 2 Tbs Hoisin
- 2 Tbs Sour Cream
- 2 scallions diced
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Wash potatoes, halve, wrap in a towel and microwave on high for 7 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from microwave, pierce with a fork to ensure cooked through, spread out on a baking pan and allow to cool.
- Place thin sliced, quartered cucumber in a container, mix with sugar, pepper flakes and rice wine vinegar. Ensure rice wine vinegar covers the cucumbers. Allow to quick pickle on the countertop while you complete the rest of the recipe steps.
- Chop bacon into small pieces and crispy fry in a fry pan. Once cooked, remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Once potatoes are cooled, use a spoon to scoop out the centers (centers can be put aside and used for mashed potatoes or another dish), leaving a ¼ inch of flesh intact.
- Rub all hulled potatoes with butter and place skin side up on a baking pan.
- Roast potato skins for 12 minutes at 450F.
- Remove potatoes from oven, flip potatoes to skin sides down. The edges of the potatoes should be golden brown.
- Change oven heat to ‘broil’ setting.
- Place Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup, hoisin and sour cream each into sandwich sized Ziploc bags.
- Cut the tip off the Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup bag and drizzle ketchup over all of the potato skins.
- Then sprinkle cheese and bacon over all skins.
- Place potato skins in the oven under the broiler for 3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Finish garnishing potatoes with pickled cucumbers, drizzle with hoisin and sour cream per the same method as Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup was applied with a Ziploc bag, and sprinkle with scallions.
- Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Asian