A chocolate pots de creme with a zing of orange that you would never know is completely vegan.
- 10 oz package of Semi Sweet Equal Exchange Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 ripe avocado diced
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs Nutiva Red Palm Shortening
- 1 Tbs confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 Tbs fresh orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- Heat coconut milk, coconut oil, red palm shortening and sugar over medium high heat until simmering.
- Remove from heat then immediately add in chocolate chips, ginger paste, orange juice, orange zest and the scraped out center of the vanilla bean pod.
- Add in the avocado and using a blender (or hand blender in the pot), blend until completely smooth and frothy on top.
- Pour mixture into ramekins or other small serving vessels.
- Optional garnishes: cocoa nibs or candied orange rind.
- Place ramekins into a refrigerator to set at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French