A peppercorn and rosemary crusted beef eye of round roast perfect for any holiday table.
- 1T paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 1T brown sugar
- 1T coarse ground peppercorns
- 1 T rosemary minced
- 2 lb eye of round beef roast
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbs cranberry sauce
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- Combine the rub ingredients and then rub them all into a 2lb eye of round beef roast.
- Let the roast sit out for 30 minutes to become room temperature and allow the rub to seep in.
- Heat your oven to 500F (or as high as it will go).
- Heat a cast iron pot or skillet over medium high heat with 1 Tbs oil and once it’s to temp, sear the meat 2 minutes per side until all sides are seared.
- Place the roast in the oven uncovered and turn off the heat, leaving the roast in there with the oven door closed until the meat comes to 125F. This might take an hour or up to three, depending on the size of roast you select.
- Remove the roast and allow it to rest at least 20 minutes up to 45.
- Heat the skillet that roasted the beef over a medium high heat and add in 1/2 chopped onion, stirring to scrape up the beef drippings.
- Once the onions are soft, add in 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 2 Tbs cranberry sauce and 1 cup Coca-Cola (if you don’t like using sodas, sub 1/2 cup beef stock and 1/2 cup prune juice) and bring to a simmer, allowing it to bubble away, reducing over 20 to 30 minutes while your meat finishes resting. To complete the sauce, using a blender, blend the sauce until smooth and season with salt to taste. Let that keep simmering on low until you’r ready to serve it. The more it sits, the richer it gets.
- Finally, slice up your roast into 1/2 in thick slices and serve with the sauce.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American