It’s time for backyard barbeque’n and this recipe for Grilled Pineapple Hawaiian Burgers is a part of a video series: “Grills Only”. I know, I’m corny and cheeky…but, I promise you’ll love this lineup of grilled dishes which includes a main dish, side dish and dessert. Stay tuned for the full menu recap and party planing guide that will be posted when the final episode launches on 5/24/16.
But, for now, get a load of these burgers…
Getting the party started are these bodacious Hawaiian Burgers, layered up with grilled pineapple, sweet onions, swiss cheese, garlic black bean sauce and serious, serious beef.
Want to make ’em along with me and watch me singe off all of my eyelashes at the grill? (Okay, so I didn’t really singe ’em off, but it’s definitely one hot grill!)
Jump in the kitchen with this video:
Grilled Hawaiian Burgers with Pineapple and Sweet Onion
A few helpful hints to help take your burgers from everday to over-the-top:
- Use 80/20 beef. The extra fat is totally worth the extra calories because you’ll enjoy every bite that much more! Fat is flavor.
- I love garnishing burgers with butter lettuce. It’s soft, vibrant, and keeps up to a week in the fridge since it’s still attached to its root system.
- Don’t smash your burgers with the spatula when they’re grilling. I’m not sure who started that trend, but it smashes all of the precious juices out of the burger, causing it to dry out.
- Grilled fruits are great on burgers. They are so much sweeter as the hot heat of the grill caramelizes some of the fruit’s natural sugars.
- I can’t make a burger at home without Lawry’s Seasoned Salt.
Excited to make these burgers? Stay tuned for their accompanying Grilled Lemon Garlic Potato Kebabs and Grilled Berry Skillet Pies! It’s a full grilled meal that will make you the host with the most!
If you’re looking for other easy ground beef recipes, you can find some helpful inspiration from Recipe Lion!
If you make these at your next backyard BBQ, please tag me on social media and show off how much fun you and your friends have eating them. Good food, after all, is made the be shared!Print
An all-beef burger accented with grilled pineapple and sweet onions.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 pineapple cored and sliced into ¼ in thick slices
- 1 sweet onion, sliced into ¼ in thick rings
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Black bean Garlic Sauce
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 6 leaves of butter or green leaf lettuce
- ½ cup mayo
- 6 large hamburger buns
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Evenly divide the beef into 6 patties, form and flatten and sprinkle evenly with garlic salt.
- Take the beef patties, pineapple, onion and oil to the grill.
- Brush all with a bit of oil to prevent sticking, then grill until desired doneness. Pineapple and onion should have good char marks and be slightly soft.
- Remove all from the grill as they’re done and place slices of swiss cheese on the beef patties as they come off the grill.
- Assemble your burger by placing a leaf of lettuce on the bottom bun, then the burger, pineapple, and onion. Liberally spread mayo and a schmear of black bean sauce on the top bun and place it on top of the burger. *heads up that the black bean sauce is super potent stuff, so go easy on it.
- Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: Hawaiian
*This post originally appeared on JoanieSimon.com