An all-beef burger accented with grilled pineapple and sweet onions.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 pineapple cored and sliced into ¼ in thick slices
- 1 sweet onion, sliced into ¼ in thick rings
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Black bean Garlic Sauce
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 6 leaves of butter or green leaf lettuce
- ½ cup mayo
- 6 large hamburger buns
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Evenly divide the beef into 6 patties, form and flatten and sprinkle evenly with garlic salt.
- Take the beef patties, pineapple, onion and oil to the grill.
- Brush all with a bit of oil to prevent sticking, then grill until desired doneness. Pineapple and onion should have good char marks and be slightly soft.
- Remove all from the grill as they’re done and place slices of swiss cheese on the beef patties as they come off the grill.
- Assemble your burger by placing a leaf of lettuce on the bottom bun, then the burger, pineapple, and onion. Liberally spread mayo and a schmear of black bean sauce on the top bun and place it on top of the burger. *heads up that the black bean sauce is super potent stuff, so go easy on it.
- Serve warm.
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: Hawaiian