A creative sandwich that mixes up the flavors of lasagna in a grilled cheese.
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 3 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- 2 T fresh minced parsley
- ½ cup Traina Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup
- 8 slices thick sliced crusty bread
- 4 T mayonnaise
- Cook and crumble sausage, strain off the fat and set aside
- Mix together the ricotta, 3 ounces shredded Parmesan, ½ tsp dried oregano, ¼ tsp granulated garlic and 2 T fresh, minced parsley.
- Heat a non-stick or cast-iron skillet over medium high heat
- Take two pieces of bread and spread some of the Traina Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup on both pieces. Then, layer on one of them ¼ of the ricotta mixture, ¼ of the sausage, ¼ of the provolone and place the other slice of bread, ketchup side down, on top.
- Spread 1 T of mayo on top of the top slice of bread, then place the sandwich mayo side down in the heated pan, using a spatula to help steady your sandwich. You should hear it searing, though not burning. If the heat is too high, turn it down. Once it’s seared and golden brown (approximately 1 – 2 minutes), smear mayo on the un-browned top, then flip and sear another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sliced down the middle.
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: Italian