An easy recipe for Mashed Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes made with cream cheese and perfect for effortless holiday entertaining.
- 3lbs sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 2 in pieces (doesn’t have to be precise since you’re going to mash them)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 oz Franklin Foods Greek Cream Cheese
- 2 dashes of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus more to your taste)
- maple syrup for drizzle *optional
- Place the sweet potatoes into the Instant Pot with 1 cup of vegetable broth and cook on manual for 7 minutes. Once the timer expires, quick release the pressure and remove the lid once the pressure is fully released.
- Drain off 1/4 cup worth of the broth from the cooked potatoes, by removing the insert from the Instant Pot, reserving the remaining in the pot with the potatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the pot with the potatoes and mash with a potato masher until they’re as smooth or as chunky as you like them.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve as is or drizzled with maple syrup.
- Category: pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American