Homemade veggie burgers made with chickpea flour and pure pumpkin, loaded with spices and other colorful vegetables.
- 15.25 oz canned kidney beans
- 7 oz canned PURE pumpkin puree
- ½ red onion, grated
- ½ red pepper, grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground fennel
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp soy sauce (tamari if you are GF)
- ½ tsp salt (more if needed)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1.5 cups chickpea/garbanzo bean flour
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans and place in a large bowl, mashing with a fork until all beans are broken and a rough paste is created.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except the oil and mix to combine. Adjust salt based on your taste.
- Form mix into patties. They will be rather wet, but should still form a patty. Add more chickpea flour if needed.
- Place patties on parchment paper on a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes at 375F.
- Remove patties from oven and prepare for serving.
- Heat 1 Tbs olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and quickly sear patties on each side to slightly brown and crisp.
- Serve patties with your favorite burger accompaniments!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American