This recipe for Homemade Snow Cones only takes a few ingredients, is naturally sweetened, and perfect for summer parties.
Helpful Hints for Homemade Snow Cones
The trick is preparing the ice with fresh blended fruit and coconut milk instead of water. That’s the best way to avoid that age old problem of snow cones with ice on top and all the flavors on the bottom. This ensures consistent flavor throughout the ice. Too, the other secret is in using your food processor to create the “snow”. The cheese grater attachment works wonders in making a ton of homemade snow cones at once. Watch how we do it in the video with this recipe.
These homemade snow cones taste great straight up, but if you want to add a little extra something special like my friend Marlee at IJustMakeSandwiches.com recommends in the video, then you can bust out the flavored syrups and sweetened condensed milk.
Homemade Snow Cones
Simple homemade snow cones with fresh pineapple and coconut milk, topped with flavored syrup and sweetened condensed milk.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 mins
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Hawaiian
- 1 fresh pineapple diced, core and outside removed,
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup coconut milk (depending on how creamy you want your ice)
- 2 Tbs honey
- garnish with sweetened condensed milk and flavored syrups
- Place diced pineapple, coconut milk and honey in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer the pineapple mix to ice cube trays and freeze at least 6 hours.
- Remove the cubes from the tray and place in top portion of your food processor with the cheese grater attachment and shave into snow.
- Serve immediately with sweetened condensed milk and flavored syrups