This Lemon Basil Tuna Pasta salad is an easy summer dish, when you don’t want to heat up the house and crave something light. Protein packed tuna and butter beans in a light lemon dijon dressing change up any previously conceived notions of pasta salad.
Easy-Peasy to Make
The best part is that very little assembly is required for this tuna pasta salad dish. Boil the pasta, open up the tuna and beans, mix up the dressing and toss. Of course, if you’re no-carbing it, this would work just as well with lettuce in place of the pasta. Or, change up the pasta to a different shape or go with a brown rice pasta.
What’s important is the flavor combo of lemon and basil. It’s one of my favorites of all time. I am also a huge fan of tuna. I used to eat it straight out of the can as an after-school snack growing up. Not normal behavior for a kid? Yes, we’ve established I’m not normal 🙂
Do you have a strange favorite snack from when you were a kid?
Lemon Basil Tuna Pasta Salad
A light protein packed pasta salad with tuna, butter beans, basil and a lemon dressing.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 8 - 10 servings
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: American
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs dijon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 red onion minced
- 16 oz large shell pasta, prepared according to package directions
- 2 – 5oz cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 – 15.5 oz can of butter beans, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, sour cream, dijon, salt, pepper and red onion in a mason jar and shake vigorously to combine, then set aside.
- Place pasta in a large bowl and toss with the dressing then transfer to your serving bowl/dish.
- Top with tuna, butter beans and finally the basil for presentation.
- Toss and serve.