An easy recipe for Instant Pot Black Eyed Pea Soup that comes together in under an hour with collard greens, andouille sausage and fresh veggies.
- 16 ounces black eyed peas, dried
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken
- 1/4 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbs hot sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 7 cups water
- 12 ounces chopped Andouille sausage
- 3 cups chopped collard greens
- Put dried black-eyed peas in a container and cover in water, 1 inch higher than the beans and allow to soak overnight.
- The next day, drain the beans, rinse and place in the pot of an electric pressure cooker. Add in chopped onion, chopped carrots, bouillon, caraway, garlic salt, lemon pepper seasoning, hot sauce, paprika, balsamic vinegar and water. Set pressure cooker at 6 minutes on high and allow to cook.
- Once the 6 minutes is up on the cooker, release the pressure and add in the sausage and collard greens. Cover the pot again and pressure cook for 2 minutes on high.
- Once cooking is completed, keep on warm until ready to serve. Add more salt to taste.
- Serve with chopped scallions.
*Feel free to sub another type of sausage depending on what’s available to you and your personal tastes.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: black eyed pea soup, beans, sausage, new years, collard greens, gluten free, instant pot