Granola in the form of crunchy cups filled with fresh yogurt, fruit and mint
- 1/2 cup of raw or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or plain salt
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond flavor
- 2 cups of regular oats
- 1.5 cups wheat flakes (Wheaties)
- 1/2 cup of wheat germ (can sub 1/2 cup of nuts or sunflower seeds)
- ½ cup of coconut
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- Combine sugar, water, oil, salt and almond extract into a bowl and mix until the sugar is somewhat dissolved.
- Add in oats, wheat germ, wheat flakes, coconut, and chia seeds and mix with the liquid until fully covered.
- Separate the wet granola into 12 standard muffin cups, pressing the mixture up to the sides to make a well in each cup.
- Bake at 200F for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Remove the cups carefully from the tin once they’ve cooled. They are rather delicate.
- Load up each one with your favorite yogurt and fruit toppings. Serve immediately as the yogurt will cause the granola cup to soften.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American