Instant Pot Barbacoa is Mexican style shredded beef that is perfect in a hearty burrito style bowl.
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1 jar salsa (16 – 24 oz)
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- *Rice, beans, diced peppers, jalapenos and cilantro were used to assemble the final bowl, but you can customize the additions to your liking! Make it custom.
- Combine all ingredients into an Instant Pot or pressure cooker and using the manual button, set to 75 minutes on high. *add five more minutes for a larger roast
- Once the timer goes off, allow for natural release at least 10 minutes then twist the pressure release to release the remaining pressure. The meat should pull apart easily, but not be mushy.
- Shred the beef and place in a serving dish. Top with additional leftover juices from the pot.
- I recommend serving with rice and beans as a bowl or make it the star of your taco night!
- *for the slow cooker, follow the same instructions, but set to high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8
- *for the oven, place everything into a roasting pan, covered, and roast at 250 for 4 – 5 hours
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 75 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican