An easy recipe for corned beef and cabbage cooked in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- 3 lb. corned beef brisket
- 1 – 12 oz light beer
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 head of cabbage quartered
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 6 red potatoes quartered
- Place corned beef in the pressure cooker with the spices it comes with.
- Pour the beer and the beef broth over it.
- Set timer for 90 minutes on high. Once the time expires, allow for 15 minute natural pressure release before releasing remaining pressure and removing the lid from the pot.
- Remove corned beef and put it in a shallow cook dish. Pour a cup of the hot broth over it, cover it with foil, stick it in an oven to keep warm until ready to serve. Or just serve it straight from the Instant Pot if you’re ready to eat.
- To cook veggies, after the beef is removed from the pot, put cabbage, carrots and potatoes in the pot and cook them on high for 2 minutes then do a quick release and serve.
If you don’t drink, you can easily sub broth.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: corned beef, instant pot, brisket, beef, potatoes, cabbage, Irish