Mushroom Basil Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
An easy salad with lettuce, mushrooms, almonds and scallions topped with homemade mustard basil vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs chopped dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sald
- 1 head butter lettuce torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 8 oz fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or walnuts
- Combine oils, vinegar, mustard and lemon juice in a mason jar, cover with the lid and shake to combine.
- Add in the dried basil and salt to taste and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Assemble the salad with the torn lettuce topped with fresh basil, sliced mushrooms, scallions and nuts (walnuts are the traditional, but I like almonds).
- Dress the salad right before serving and enjoy!
- This makes more dressing than you’ll need, and that’s on purpose. You’ll want to put this stuff on everything!
Keywords: salad, dressing, vinaigrette, mushrooms, basil