This recipe for Cheddar Bacon Cream Cheese Dip with Peppers was inspired from all of the “Crack Dip” that has been popping up in my Pinterest feed. It’s high season for dips and easy appetizers for entertaining and this is another one you can add to your list of possibilities.
Bacon Cream Cheese Dip Re-do
It starts with the predictable cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar and bacon combo. But, I sprinkled in a packet of Italian Salad Dressing mix, the dry stuff. I also added a bunch of diced red pepper and fresh chives. Those added ingredients brighten up what can be an otherwise decadent dip.
The Taste Test
We always need an official taste test from the resident experts here on the Ranchito. The kids weren’t into it. That surprised me given their undying devotion for anything involving bacon. But, Ryan completely ruined his dinner with this one. Apparently it was good enough to accidentally demolish half a bowl.
An easy five-minute dip for festive entertaining with cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, peppers and chives.
- 1 medium bell pepper (I prefer red), diced
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 packet dry Italian Dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 strips bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 3 Tbs fresh chives, minced
- Combine the bell pepper, cream cheese, sour cream, and dressing mix in a medium bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer or by hand until the cream cheese and sour cream are thoroughly combined and creamed.
- Next, add in the cheddar, bacon and 2 Tbs of the chives and mix until just incorporated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining chives for garnish.
- Serve with crackers or chips.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American