I recently visited NYC and one of our stops was the famed Black Tap where the milkshakes, referred to as Crazy Shakes, are over the top. I ordered the Cake Shake when I was there. A vanilla cake batter shake topped with whipped cream, frosting, sprinkles and a slice of Funfetti Cake. Oh, and don’t forget the cherry on top!
I had to recreate this crazy shake at home for my boys. I’m sure you could get super crazy with the actual milkshake part and use cake batter in the blend. But, I kept it simple with a quality vanilla milkshake.
Be sure to watch the video to see how I get the sprinkles to adhere to the glass. Oh, the magic of frosting!
So, from us over here, coming down from our collective sugar high, we hope you have a fabulous sprinkle-filled day!Print
An at-home version of the Crazy Cake Shake from Black Tap in NYC
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Prepared and Frosted Funfetti Cake
- Vanilla Frosting
- Maraschino cherries
- Spread vanilla frosting around the rim of a milkshake glass so that it’s 1/4in thick and rims the glass.
- Spread some sprinkles onto a plate and rotate the frosted part of the glass onto the sprinkles so that they adhere.
- Combine ice cream and milk (amounts depend on how thick or thin you want your shake. I like 3 parts ice cream to 1 part milk for a thicker shake) and blend.
- Pour shake into the frosted sprinkled glass.
- Place a slice of cake on top.
- Add whipped cream to the sides of the cake to cover the top of the glass and to the top of the cake.
- Add more sprinkles over the top.
- Top with a cherry.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American