Deep Dish Spaghetti Pizza Pie. It’s totally, completely, exactly what it sounds like. Putting all three carb-o-licious favorites together in one crazy dinner recipe. This recipe came when I remembered back to a spaghetti pie recipe my Mom made when we were kids. The crust was spaghetti noodles held together with cheese and topped with sauce. I might have taken this inspiration and turned it up a little…okay, a lot. I mean, just look at this comfort conundrum.
Pasta, cheese, peppers, sausage, sauce, mushrooms, and more cheese….
I took my memories of Mom’s spaghetti pie, doubled down on pasta and added pizza toppings. I know, I apologize. It’s just not nice to dash everyone’s dreams of fitting into those old jeans. But, really, by now, you should know that I count the steps from the fridge to the oven as my “fitness” for the day.
Hi, I’m Joanie. I love cheese.
Deep Dish Spaghetti Pizza Pie
Want to make this crowd-pleasin’ family-favorite for your crew? Catch the video and print the recipe below. Stay tuned to the end of the video to catch my whole crew mowin’ down this dinner. Even Calvin joins in the fun!
As mentioned in the video, I used Mezzetta’s Roasted Garlic and Caramelized Onion sauce. I discovered it at the store a few weeks ago and used it in this recipe because of the extra punch of flavor it has that rounds out this dish.
I hope you have as much fun making this dish as you do serving it. I guarantee your people will love it! Tag me on social media if you do make it. I’d love to see how crazy you make your version!Print
A pie with a spaghetti crust, topped with pizza toppings.
- 16 oz spaghetti, prepared according to package directions and drained (do not rinse as that will prevent the noodles from being able to adhere to one another)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 oz mozzarella (divided)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 16 oz sweet Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced, divided
- 1–25 oz jar Mezzetta Roasted Garlic and Caramelized Onion Tomato Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Saute the diced bell pepper in a saucepan with 1 tsp oil until slightly softened
- Combine 2 eggs and 1/4 cup of milk in a bowl and vigorously whisk so as to break up the yolk
- Combine the egg mixture, 8 ounces of the shredded mozzarella, the sautéed bell pepper, half of the mushrooms, half of the sausage and 16 ounces of prepared spaghetti pasta together in a large bowl.
- Spray non-stick spray onto a standard 9″ pie plate. Fill the pie plate with the pasta mixture, smash to fit.
- Bake the “crust” at 375F for 20 minutes until the pasta is “set’ into a solid form.
- Then, top with sauce, remaining sausage, remaining mushrooms, remaining mozzarella
- Bake for an additional 10 to 15 min at 375F until the top is brown and bubbly, like pizza
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
*Original recipe, first seen at JoanieSimon.com by Joanie Simon.