I can’t remember where I came across this clever food hack, but it makes recipes that call for shredded chicken so much easier. I love it when I come across kitchen tricks that repurpose an existing kitchen appliance. I bought a Kitchen Aid hand mixer a few months back to make cleanup for small mixing jobs a little quicker. Brownies, cream cheese frosting, all sorts of sweets have been whipped up with my little red friend, but now, she’s ventured into savory territory making shredded chicken a cinch.
Easy Shredded Chicken
As you can see, in this recipe, I used the chicken for BBQ sandwiches (full recipe below), but shredded chicken is awesome in everything from enchiladas to tacos to casseroles.
What is your favorite recipe that includes shredded chicken? Got a killer enchiladas recipe or maybe Mom’s best casserole? Hopefully this little hack will make things a bit easier!Print
Make shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches in a flash with a helpful kitchen hack.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Buns, pickles, BBQ sandwich accoutrement
- To cook the chicken, place 4 chicken breasts in a pressure cooker with 1/2 cup water, 1 cup apple juice, 4 cloves of garlic, and 1 tsp salt and cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is fork tender.
- If you don’t have a pressure cooker, use a slow cooker and cook chicken on high for 6 hours.
- Once the chicken is able to pull apart, place it in a bowl with 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce and using a hand mixer, quickly shred it.
- Serve with extra BBQ sauce on bread or buns with lots of pickles.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American