Instant Pot Beef with Broccoli is like that famed take-out you love, but without the added sodium and mystery ingredients. Too, it practically makes itself in the Instant Pot. Obviously, if you’re an Instant Potter, I don’t need to tell you that.
Instant Pot Beef with Broccoli
The first thing to start with is the beef. I personally selected a cut of top round steak because it’s easy to slice into strips and is cost effective. It’s also a lean cut and won’t add a bunch of extra fat to your dinner. But, because it’s lean, it does need to be cooked long enough to become tender. Hooray for the Instant Pot, Queen of making tough cuts tender! You could also use sirloin if you’d like. All depends on what’s on sale at the store!
I add everything to the pot with the beef except for the broccoli and corn starch. I save those for after the timer goes off. Then I set the ol’ IP to manual for 12 minutes and let it do its thing.
Do note that you’ll want to allow for 10 minutes of natural pressure release after the timer goes off. Quick release can cause meats to dry out by expelling liquid quickly from the pot.
Once the pressure is relieved, then I add the cornstarch and broccoli and stir it all up until it’s good and mixed. Then I set it to “saute” and let it simmer. Cornstarch needs the added heat to help it thicken the sauce properly.
As for serving it, I went with buckwheat soba noodles, trying to keep up with all those New Year’s resolutions. Regular long grain white rice or brown rice would be a great compliment to this easy Beef with Broccoli recipe, too.
A quick and easy Instant Pot Beef with Broccoli recipe that is healthy with simple ingredients, naturally sweetened and plenty of fresh broccoli.
- 1.5 lb boneless top round steak, sliced into strips 1/3 inch in thickness
- 1 tbs fresh ginger root minced (or 1/2 tsp dried ground)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbs corn starch
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Combine the steak, ginger, garlic, honey, vinegar, soy, tomato paste and water into the insert of the Instant Pot and set to manual for 12 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, allow for natural release for 10 minutes, then switch the pressure valve to release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the lid and set the pot to the “saute” setting, then add in the corn starch and broccoli, stirring to combine with the beef and sauce. The corn starch is a thickener and will activate when the sauce is simmering.
- Continue to simmer on the “saute” mode for 5 to 10 minutes until the broccoli is cooked to your level of doneness and the sauce is thickened.
- Then serve.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Asian