This Instant Pot Vegan Chili is a quick and easy recipe with pinto and red kidney beans and a rich red tomato sauce finished with corn and a few simple spices.
Optional Changes to the Recipe
The best part about chili is that it’s a blank canvas, so feel free to freestyle with your own favorite ingredients. Change up the beans, the peppers, add some additional fresh veggies. You can make it your own, or use up that produce in the fridge that’s getting ready to turn south.
If you’re not into the Italian Salad Dressing Mix (I know, it’s a weird one, but makes this quick and darn tasty), feel free to come up with your own spice blend.
The directions for this recipe are for the Instant Pot, but if you’d rather do it in the Crock Pot, you can still use unsoaked beans and follow the recipe, but cook in the Crock Pot on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours, or until the beans are soft.Print
An easy recipe for vegan chili cooked up in the Instant Pot for dinner in under an hour.
- 16 oz dried pinto beans
- 8 oz dried kidney beans
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 7 oz diced green chilies
- 4 cups water
- .7 oz dry packaged Italian Salad Dressing Mix (Good Seasonings)
- 1 Tbs paprika
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- Combine all ingredients except for the corn into your Instant Pot. Beans should be dried, no need to soak.
- Cook the chili in the Instant Pot on Manual for 25 minutes and then allow natural pressure release.
- Add in the corn and add additional 1/2 cup of water if the chili is too thick.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes to bring the corn up to temp and serve hot.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure Cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot, pressure cooker, chili, beans