This summer recipe for Sugar Snap Pea Salad with Radish has tons of crunch and flavor with a bright lemony dressing.
Sugar Snap Peas
Did you know that sugar snap peas are a cross between an English pea and the snow pea? They are in season through winter into the late spring. I thought this would be the perfect recipe to serve as their summer send-off.
Salad for Non-Salad Eaters
I’m not a natural-born salad eater (pass the meat and potatoes, please). So, when I make a salad, it HAS to be good. I like something with a lot of texture, crunch, and plenty of bright acidity in the dressing.
I love slicing sugar snap peas on the bias so that they end up like long, green, crunchy slivers, tossed together here with sliced radish, romaine lettuce, and feta cheese. Certainly, you could riff on this recipe, subbing in different greens and veggies.
Sugar Snap Pea Salad with Radish
An easy summery salad with sugar snap peas, radish, feta and fresh herbs with a lemon dressing.
- 2 cups sliced sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup green peas (fresh or frozen defrosted)
- 4 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced radicchio or red leaf kale or red cabbage
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbs fresh dill, chopped *optionally add in 2 Tbs each of mint and basil, too
- 1/4 cup oil (light flavored)
- juice of 1 lemon (approx 2 Tbs)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- Combine all of the veggies, cheese and herbs in a large bowl.
- Combine the oil, lemon, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a small jar and whisk.
- Toss the salad with desired amount of dressing and serve!