I jumped on the cauliflower “rice” bandwagon. It seems that all of those New Year’s resolutions buzzing around got me on a health kick. But, this Turmeric Lime Cauliflower Rice ups the gluten-free side dish game. Ditch the stove top cooking method and try roasting it in the oven.
Roasted Cauliflower Rice
I was reading up on cauliflower rice recipes. I liked what the BBC had to say about the topic. Sure, you can make this in the microwave or stove top. However, roasting it on a pan in the oven encourages caramelization and texture. Both are things you know I love.
I added chopped pistachios for nuttiness and a soft crunch. It reminds me of the rice pilaf I was raised on. You know, the kind with the slivered almonds? I also added fresno chilis to add a punch of heat and color.
Next come the spices. I went for turmeric because of the bright golden color. Then I went with cumin and white pepper for warmth. It’s a rockin’ combo that elevates the mild cauliflower.
What to serve this with? I cooked it up with soy marinated chicken as a main dish. Or, you could got completely veggie and serve it with mushroom and pineapple kabobs.
Here’s to eating well <3Print
Riced cauliflower with turmeric, lime and pistachios is an easy side dish that also happens to be gluten free and vegan.
- 16 oz cauliflower, riced
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 Fresno pepper, minced
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs honey (or agave for vegan)
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Combine all ingredients except for lime and cilantro in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Spread cauliflower mixture onto a sheet pan and roast on the middle rack of the oven uncovered for 8 minutes then toss to move around the mixture and roast another 10 minutes until top of the cauliflower starts to slightly brown and steams.
- Squeeze half of a lime over all of the mixture then serve immediately with extra lime wedges and chopped cilantro on top.